Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Even if I am an Angel

Even if I am an Angel, Soaring above the clouds
No past, no future, not even a present
I would stop and look, your beautiful smile
Your beautiful body, time spent worth while

As I stopped and watched, lost track of time
I would loose my wings and fall down to earth
In the lust and hate I struggle
To make sense of this new life and this new world

Angels are God's messengers, with free passes to eternity
Do I want to live for ever?
A second I spend in your arms makes it clear
Life is not how long you live

In bed naked we lie as one
All my fellow angels, full o love and compassion
Try to relieve me of the pain to come
I have experienced eternity, come what may

Pain is some thing new to me
I watched her grow old and wither
I looked in the mirror, hope I grayed?
God did punish me for I have sinned

I watched her die in my cuddle
Look my eye in judgment
Said and did not, "Thank you"
Went to a world I may never enter

Today I'm still here breathing slowly
My love has been dead for a thousand years
I'm on my knees every dawn and dusk
"Forgive me father for I have sinned"

No comments:

Post a Comment