Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Is this "love"??

Love is not that song you sang to me
Love is not that poem you wrote for me
Love is not that smile you faked for me
Love is not "I Love you" you swore to me

What is love I think every night
Is it you in bed holding me tight?
Is "love" a word you throw around right
Love is just a game for you, play till light

My "love" for you is clean and true
I'll love you when you are happy or blue
This is what I say to you, you haven't a clue
Your wallet determines my next call to you

This is not love admit I must
This is just warmth and bargained trust
Dressed with half cloths, ironic lust
I have to score tonight else whole week dust

How pathetic I am to dress up each night
To attract people who love fabric tight
To go home with a man who ask me polite
Get off of my bed, go home, turn off the light

Culture is such a cursed word, let us live our lives
Yet in some cultures husbands love their wives
Every Friday they eat, drink and fight
Saturday morning they sleep late, no bus to catch, no regret, no plight

No comments:

Post a Comment